Monday, May 7, 2012

The Weird Sisters by Elanor Brown

The Weird SistersThe Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The story of three sisters raised by a loving mother and a renowned Shakespeare professor father who quotes verse and has named his three daughters after Shakespearean women. All three sisters return home due to their mother's heal issues but, also for various individual reasons. While this is an entertaining read that captures family quirks and small town America it was a light read that I enjoyed more in the beginning than the latter portion. I did enjoy the first person plural narrative style and thought the author pulled that off beautifully.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully witty take on the lives of three sisters! I enjoyed this book from beginning to end. How the father of these three incredibly different sisters saturated them with the writings of Shakespeare could almost be labeled child abuse; but the outcome is, to quote a cliche, simply delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been so long since I read it that I am sad to say that I don't remember a lot of it but your description makes me want to re-read it! :-)

      Delete