Friday, August 10, 2012

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

Sharp ObjectsSharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
My rating: 3.8 of 5 stars

I recently finished “Gone Girl” and enjoyed it so much that I was compelled to check out another book by Gillian Flynn. I have never found an author who captures dysfunctional like Flynn. Wow. Uncomfortable, haunting, addictive. This story is of Chicago reporter, Camille Preaker being sent on assignment to her small home town of Wind Gap Missouri to cover the second murder of a young girl. Camille is a self-mutilating cutter, has a very rocky relationship with her family, is an alcoholic and her own sister died at a young age. This gives you a hint of how dark this novel is and yet, very entertaining. I found the ending a little too “neat of a package” but still, love her writing style and will be checking out her other novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment