Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin

My rating: 4.8

I typically don't like biographies even when written as historical fiction so I am really surprised I loved this book so much.  I learned so much about the Lindberghs and a lot of it was not complimentary. This starts with Anne Morrow being courted by and then marrying Charles Lindbergh and covers their lives together.



I have heard people criticize how subservient Anne was to Charles and that she was constantly looking up to him even as she saw many traits she didn't care for. Since they met and married in the 1920's, this did not seem incongruous to me. I have also heard people criticize how they were portrayed and the accuracy of private conversations. Since this is historical fiction, I also didn't have a problem with that.

I thought that this was very well researched, written and informative. I had no idea of Anne's many accomplishments and thought the author did a fabulous job. Very enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment