Thursday, January 4, 2018

The Missing Ones by Patricia Gibney

My rating: 2.0

Detective Lottie Parker is in charge of investigating a string of murders including a woman who is found dead in a cathedral and a young man who is found hanging dead from a tree in his yard. Are they related?  How?  Detective Parker has to figure out how they tie together and the possible motive.




There was so much I didn't like about this book.  For starters, the inconsistencies. Lottie gets extremely upset with her daughter in one scene and in the next gets upset with someone else and the author says "it is not at all like her to be upset"  HUH? Did she forget that Lottie flies off the handle and gets rattled often? There were so many character incongruities that irked me. The characters were very shallow (the bad men were all bad and their personalities felt very superficial). I didn't like any of the characters and found myself wanting it to be over. Wishing I would have stopped reading this but thankfully, it is completely forgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment