Monday, June 25, 2018

The Crane Wife by Patrick Ness

Rating: 4.9

George finds a giant white crane in his back yard with an arrow through it's wing. In the cold winter blue moonlight, George helps the bird and watches as it flies off not realizing that his life is transformed. The next day, Kimoko walks into his print shop and this is the beginning of a magical, romantic and unexpected journey.



I loved George, Kimoko and even George's socially challenged daughter Amanda.  This captured my heart. The magical realism parts were a bit much for my taste but Ness' writing is so gorgeous that it kept me reading till the last page. I didn't want this to end. This is a unique novel and won't be for everyone but for those who enjoy amazing writing you will be enthralled.

No comments:

Post a Comment