Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Our Kind of Cruelty by Arminta Hall

My Rating: 3.5

After a brutal childhood, Mike has met the love of his life in Verity. V taught him about love, and in return, Mike has dedicated his life to making her happy. He’s found the perfect home, the perfect job, he’s sculpted himself into the physical ideal V has always wanted. He knows they’ll be blissfully happy together.

It doesn’t matter that she hasn’t been returning his emails or phone calls. It doesn’t matter that she says she’s marrying Angus. It’s all just part of the secret game they used to play. If Mike watches V closely, he’ll see the signs. If he keeps track of her every move he’ll know just when to come to her rescue.


Despite having some slower sections, I felt that this was a page turner so, why didn't I rate it higher?  The ending drove me as crazy as Mike! I have so many questions. I don't like books that tie up in a neat bow but, I truly didn't know what to think at the end and that frustrated me.  No matter who was in on what, this was about a lot of craziness.Don't read this if you think there is a big reveal or surprise as there is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment