Sunday, May 5, 2019

American Spy by Lauren Wilkinson

My Rating: 2.8

1986 during the Cold War, Marie as a young black woman, is finally given her chance with the FBI to make a name for herself. She is given an assignment to undermine Thomas Sankara, the charismatic revolutionary president of Burkina Faso whose Communist ideology has made him a target for American intervention


This was a unique twist in that this was written as Marie writing the story to her twin boys along with the unfolding of her being an FBI agent / spy. I think this started off with a lot of promise and then quickly dwindled from there. It had too many different agendas and dragged on too long for me.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your next read is better than your last two.
    Jeana
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thankful to say they are - one of them is thanks to you (Emma In The Night!) xoxo

      Delete