Monday, August 26, 2019

One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid

My Rating: 4.8

Emma marries Jesse, her high school sweet-heart. On their first wedding anniversary, Jesse is on a helicopter that goes missing...and is gone. Fast forward 10 years and Emma has rebuilt her life, now running her parent's book store and engaged to Sam, her childhood friend. It feels like Emma’s second chance at happiness, until Jesse is found, alive!



I admit, I thought this was going to be cheezy. I wasn't expecting to fall in love with it, let alone wish that I had read this for bookclub as it would have made a GREAT discussion. The characters were real and well developed and nothing felt pat or easy. It was a quick easy read without being fluffy. I loved how it unfolded as well as the ending. 

2 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to add more back list books from this author to my list. I loved her last two books, Daisy Jones and Evelyn Hugo. Will check this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely a lot 'lighter' than the other two books you mentioned in the style but I still really enjoyed it!

      Delete