Saturday, April 25, 2020

The Book of Polly by Kathy Hepinstall

My Rating: 4.8

Ten year old Willow is concerned that her mother will die.Her mother, Polly, was in her late 50's when Willow was born and is a cantankerous, take-no-prisoners Southern woman. She lives to shoot varmints, drink margaritas, and antagonize the neighbors--and she sticks out like a sore thumb among the young, modern mothers of their small conventional Texas town. Willow becomes obsessed with knowing more about her mother...including her secrets from before Willow was born.


This quirky book had me laughing out loud. I enjoyed Polly's no holds barred sarcasim and Willow was so sweet. Definitely recommend the audio book as the voices were very well done. It is described as "For readers of Saving CeeCee Honeycutt, Joshilyn Jackson, and Fannie Flagg, with a touch of Terms of Endearment", and I would say that is a very apt description - you definitely have to be a fan of Southern cute novels to enjoy this. Delightful!

2 comments:

  1. I have had this book on my shelf for awhile, need to get to it soon. Have a great weekend!
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the audio version from the library and it was perfect for the accents. I hope you have a fabulous weekend as well! xoxo

      Delete