Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Lady Clementine by Marie Benedict

 My Rating: 4.9


This starts in 1908 when Clemmie and Winston are married and covers their many years together. She was a driving force in Winston's career as well as implementing groundbreaking ideas such a air-raid shelters and job initiatives for women during WWII.

I have thoroughly enjoyed every book I have read of Benedict's and this was no exception. Despite Winston and Clementine's difficult beginnings, they were a powerful duo who left an indelible mark on the world. This was a thoroughly enjoyable and also educational read. I can't wait to read more by this fabulous author.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good. I haven’t read anything by this author. Sounds like I need to change that soon.
    Jeana
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read the Only Woman In The Room and this one. I have several others on my kindle that I can't wait to get to. I think you would really enjoy her writing and thorough research. If you try her, let me know! xoxo

      Delete