Saturday, October 9, 2021

Code Name Helene by Ariel Lawhon

 My Rating: 4.4


Nancy is a bold unapologetic Aussie living in Britain during the war. Nancy ends up being recruited as a spy and becomes the unsung French Resistance leader who was #1 on the Gestapo’s most-wanted list by the end of the war. Told in interweaving timelines around the four code names Nancy used during the war.

I enjoyed the audio book but, Nancy does come off as very brash. There was also a lot of extraneous details that I felt should have been edited out. Maybe I read this too closely on the heals of Trapeze which was a very similar plot line - so much so that I wondered if it was a remake of the same plot (no, this is based on real life spy Nancy Wake). If I had read this first, perhaps I would have rated it higher. All in all, an enjoyable read.



1 comment:

  1. This one is on my TBR. Need to get to it soon. I think I will enjoy it.
    Hope your weekend is nice.
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete