Thursday, December 16, 2021

The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict

 My Rating: 4.8


Belle is hired by J. P. Morgan to curate a collection of rare manuscripts, books, and artwork for his newly built Pierpont Morgan Library. Belle becomes a fixture in New York City society and one of the most powerful people in the art and book world, known for her impeccable taste and shrewd negotiating for critical works as she helps create a world-class collection.

As with all Marie Benedict's book, this was very well researched and had me learning many things. This story line deals not only with the book/art world but with segregation, the suffragette movement and more. I would advise you don't read too much about this book as I enjoyed it more not knowing about Bell's secret. Definite recommend.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book. I was impressed that even though Benedict is a Best Selling author she opted to bring in a co-writer to help make sure that she got everything just right. Belle was an amazing woman that I never knew a thing about.

    Jeana
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete