Monday, January 17, 2022

The Second Mrs Astor by Shana Abe

 My Rating: 4.7


At just 17 years old, Madeline attracts the attention of John Jacob "Jack" Astor. The Astors are American Royalty and upper-class. Madeline is plunged into their world of high society, including being in the unwelcome spotlight of the journalists and photographers.


What started off as rather dry quickly became an entertaining read. Between understanding the history of the Astors, how Madelaine was treated by his son as well as by society and then the final scenes on the Titanic, this is a novel I won't soon forget. It felt reminiscent of Marie Benedict. 

4 comments:

  1. Definitely adding this to my TBR. Thanks for the review! Hope you are well.
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just downloaded this but looking through your list makes me want to go for one of your 5* books ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would go for a 5 star that interests you :-)

      Delete