Friday, June 17, 2022

Bridge of Scarlet Leaves by Kristina McMorris

 My Rating: 4.8


1940's in Los Angeles and Maddie is set to become a professional violinist. She falls in love with her brother's best friend since childhood, Lane Moritomo. The day after they elope, Pearl Harbor breaks out. War, relocation camps, MIA and trying to bridge the gap between her family and Lane's are all captured.


This didn't have a lot of history that I wasn't already familiar with but, it reinforces how we must learn from our mistakes and not continue to repeat them. This did capture so many different points of view towards the Japanese and the war. 

1 comment:

  1. Adding to my list, I enjoyed her book The Edge of Lost. I have intentionally slowed my WWII reading but this one sounds great.

    ReplyDelete