Thursday, November 10, 2022

The Golden Doves by Martha Hall Kelly

 My Rating: 4.8


Josie and Arlette, former female spies, hunt down an infamous Nazi doctor after their release from Ravensbruck. They must put themselves in grave danger to secure justice and protect the ones they love.



This book brought so many things to my awareness - how being released from a concentration camp didn't mean you could just pick up the pieces of your life, what happened to a lot of the Nazi doctors and scientists and America being complicit in their lack of punishment. Although there were some parts of this book that felt far fetched and others that I think should have been edited down, this was an excellent read. Thank you to Goodreads for this free copy. Kelly is a fabulous writer and I appreciate her bringing little known history to the forefront.

2 comments:

  1. Well I missed this one. I enjoyed Lilac Girls by this author. Going to add to my ever growing list of books you read and make sound so interesting.
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a bit that is far fetched (especially at the end) but I think you will enjoy it. ♥

      Delete