Saturday, April 22, 2023

The Magnificent Lives of Marjorie Post by Allison Pataki

 My Rating: 4.9


This book starts with Marjorie Post's father very ill and seeking treatment. The treatment center feeds him vegetables and he proceeds to deteriorate but, at the home near the center where his wife and daughter Marjorie are staying, the hostess believes in good old fashioned American cooking. Soon, C.W. Post starts to heal and understands the power of food. He also sees how much time women spend in the kitchen and decides to invent a convenience food for breakfast - which was the beginning of Post Cereal Company.

Marjorie's live definitely feels like many "lives" or chapters and they are all equally fascinating! I learned so much about her including that she built Mara-Lago. Allison Pataki unfolds Marjorie's life so beautifully that I couldn't wait to listen to more. This book was thoroughly delightful and got me to buy a box of grapenuts! I will definitely be reading more by this author.

3 comments:

  1. I was pretty sure you would enjoy this book. Her life was fascinating!
    Jeana
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED this book and even suggested it as the read for our bookclub and all the women are also loving it. Thank you! I messed up in my video and thought you gave me The Murmur of Bees vs this one. At least I mentioned you so you know I appreciate you! ♥

      Delete
  2. Ah, I appreciate you so much. 😘

    ReplyDelete