Friday, February 26, 2016

The Other Typist by Suzanne Rindell

My rating: 3.1

Rose Baker is an orphaned young woman working for her bread as a typist in a police precinct on the lower East Side. When Odalie begins work at the precinct Rose finds herself falling under the new typist's spell. As the two girls' friendship blossoms and they flit between the sparkling underworld of speakeasies by night, and their work at the precinct by day, it is not long before Rose's fascination for her new colleague turns to obsession.



The author does a great job of foreshadowing so you know there is a twist waiting for you long before you get there....although I wasn't quite sure what the twist meant and reading others interpretations see it can mean a couple of different ways. Maybe this was too long as the story line and characters seemed to drag. If this had been a little more condensed it would have flowed better for me.


2 comments:

  1. This has nothing to do with your book review. Just wanted to let you know that Joyce Maynard has a new book that came out last week...Under the Influence. I just finished it and I know you will enjoy it too. So next time you're in book limbo I'm sure this will get you out. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laney. I will definitely check it out. It has been far too long since I read a Joyce Maynard book. I appreciate your putting that on my radar xoxo

      Delete