Saturday, July 9, 2016

Lily and the Octopus

My rating: 4.2

This is about Ted's journey in accepting that his beloved dachshund companion Lily is dying. As someone who has an aging dachshund where I may be getting near making this decision, this sure hit home. I loved parts of it but the reason I am not rating it higher is that the dream sequence could have been condensed to a chapter instead of being 1/3 of the book.  Yes, I do understand why it was so long but it felt way too long. 




I don't think it is a spoiler to say that yes, it has a sad ending and yes, you will cry. This book is for any animal lovers. It will capture your heart. 

I! LOVE! GOING! IN! THE! POOL! (Ozzy talks like Lily)



2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I ever told you this but I have 2 Dachshunds ages 13 and 10. Definitely gonna get this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love knowing you have 2 doxies! I hope that you enjoy the book :-)

      Delete