Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter

My rating: 4.8

Very disturbing. This book is about different women's lives that are connected over a missing girl. It is told primarily about one woman but it weaves together her relationship with her two sisters (one who went missing years ago) and her husband. Karin Slaughter is a gifted writer who spins the tale and slowly lets out snippets for you to piece together.


This is extremely graphic and uncomfortable and I did some skimming of parts that were too disturbing for me. That being said, I could not put it down and will be reading more of Slaughter's works.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the plot but it WAS very disturbing! Early on I guessed who the villain was, so that kinda set me on edge, too. As usual, it was well written. I've been binge reading Karen Slaughter for about a month, I think I'm addicted to her books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all of Slaughter's books are so disturbing but you are right, tey are addictive! xoxo

      Delete