Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Bookmarks Magazine Nov/Dec 2018

For a change, it felt that I was last on the list to get my Bookmarks magazine.  This is something that I look forward to getting so when you hear all your friends are receiving their copy, it makes you almost want to tackle your Postman and demand to know where your copy is.  Luckily no bail money was required, as my copy arrived today - YEAH!

There were quite a few selections this month that, while they sounded very intriguing, just didn't make my list. Maybe it is my current frame of mind but, that is why I save all the magazines so I can go through past editions again for anything I may have missed that may appeal to me later.

Here are my picks:

      
      


  

As always, please share your picks or any great books you think I should add to my queue!

2 comments:

  1. I am always one of the last to receive my issue so I was surprised that I had my copy before you. I read this with so much anticipation yet the only book I added to my library list was Washington Black. Oh and I have had We Have Always Lived in the Castle on my TBR for years. I really need to get to that book. I also hold on to my Bookmarks copies and I may go back through now & see if any of the books you selected look good in a month or so. I also loan my back copies to book club members when it is book selection time in hopes that we get some really good options. We have a couple of members that always propose "fluffy" reads and then find ourselves talking about the book for 5 minutes since there is nothing to discuss other than did you like it, was it entertaining? I really need a second book club where they choose more meaty reads to push myself outside my comfort zone. It is one of the reasons I love your blog, I pick up many books that are WAY outside of my lane. BTW, still listening to The Name of the Wind and really enjoying. I think I am on part 20 of 23. Thanks for spending the time to write this blog.

    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always love hearing from you my friend :-) I used to have a fluffy bookclub and a good bookclub. When some members changed and I realized I wasn't enjoying the fluffy bookclub, I dropped it and have no regrets. You are one of the friends that I saw who got your copy early (that happened last time as well!) There were some highly rated books this month that just seemed to quirky for me but I may have to revisit them. It isn't like I have a shortage of books in my queue :-) I am reading the 2nd book in that series - A Wise Man's Fear - and wish it was available at my library on audiobook. I am still enjoying it on kindle but it is a slower read. I usually read in 'snippets but when I have larger chunks of time, I really get in to it - can't wait to read it on the plane this weekend! I hope you find lots of time for reading xoxo

      Delete