Saturday, July 31, 2021

Home Before Dark by Riley Sager

My Rating: 3.0


Maggie is a restorer of old homes. After her father's death, she finds out that she has inherited a childhood home where she lived with her parents for three weeks before they fled. Now she is going back to fix it up to sell, but also to discover if it really was haunted or why her family abandoned the house.

Equal parts thriller/haunted house/mystery this was entertaining but not amazing. That seems to be a trend for me with Sager's books so I think I need to remember that for future.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished Survive the Night today. I haven’t read Home Becore Dark yet but I agree Sagers books are mixed for me though Survive the Night was better than others of his for me.
    Jeana
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete