Thursday, September 17, 2026

The Woman On The Ledge by Ruth Mancini

The Woman On The Ledge My Rating: 2.8


A woman falls to her death from a London bank’s twenty-fifth-floor roof terrace.

You're arrested for her murder.

You tell the police that you had only met the victim the previous night at your office party. She was threatening to jump down from the roof, but you had talked her down.

You've got nothing to do with this tragedy. You're clearly being framed.

So why do the police keep picking holes in your story? Even your lawyer doesn't seem to believe you.

It soon becomes obvious that you're keeping secrets.

But who are you trying to protect? And why?


This one just didn't work for me. There were too many twists, and the story required me to suspend reality a little too much. I also didn't care about any of the characters (which says a LOT when you know what happens to some of the characters lol!) I've noticed that my reading tastes have changed since I retired, and I don't seem to enjoy those fun, popcorn-type thrillers the way I once did.

That said, if you love twisty, fast-paced books that keep throwing surprises at you, this may be one to check out. One thing I can definitely say: it's not predictable!

2 comments:

  1. oh no sorry this didn't work for you. It was so twisty but I liked those twists & having absolutely no idea. Hope your next book is amazing.
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend. I find it so interesting how my tastes change over time. Maybe I need to revisit some prior books I didn't like lol!

      Delete