Saturday, June 22, 2024

Weyward by Emilia Hart

My Rating: 4.7


Three generations of women all tied together over witch hunts. In current day, Kate is trying to understand her great-aunt's secret. In the 1940's Violet knows her long dead mother was rumored to have gone mad and Violet's father treats her as if she is the same as her mother. In the 1600's Altha is awaiting trial for the murder of a local farmer who was trampled to death by his cows as the townsfolk assume Altha, taught magic by her mother, caused this. 

I enjoyed this book and the connection between the three women/timelines. A good mix of historical fiction and fantasy. I enjoyed the writing and found it hard to believe when I discovered this was her debut novel. I would definitely read more by this author.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Elle, I haven’t heard about this book. Sounds interesting.
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete