Sunday, September 2, 2012

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I can’t tell you the number of times I almost toasted this book. NUMEROUS! And that was in Chapter 1. This woman is a walking disaster and I have no idea how she has lived to be as old as she is. When she had a paragraph that said “I got an abortion and learned how to make dehydrated tuna flakes and ….” SERIOUSLY!? That is how much notice she gave to getting an abortion that she immediately is talking about making dehydrated tuna flakes??? It took everything I had to not chuck this book out the window at this point. The woman from my bookclub who recommended this book warned me to stick with it till it go to the actual part about hiking (Part II) After that point, it kept you hoping that Natural Selection would thrive – and she does come close. Unfortunately, it continues to inundate you with her ditziness and is so incredibly annoying that sometime into Part III I finally toasted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment