Wednesday, January 22, 2014

When God Was A Rabbit by Sarah Winman

My rating:  3.2

This book instantly pulled me in and I devoured the first few chapters. The eccentric girl and the relationship with her brother combine with Winman's writing were magical and frequently had me chuckling out loud.  Then, after the first few chapters, it lost me.  For the rest of of the book, it waxed and waned.  While Winman's writing remained lyrical throughout, it was also was in need of some editing as it was verbose. I feel that maybe she also bit off too much in the scope.  It was still a very entertaining read but, not a recommend.


1 comment:

  1. I hate it when a book does this to me! Eat, Love, Pray and The Red Tent were both that way for me. It's been years since I read The Red Tent, but I believe it had two sections to it, and I never read the second one. With Eat, Love, Pray, I gave up in the "pray" section (I recall it was the second part of the book even though it was listed third in the title). I may pick it back up and scoot ahead to the "love" part.

    BTW, I am "Small Steps Daily" on YT/Google+. :) ~Steph

    ReplyDelete