Thursday, October 2, 2014

Love In The Present Tense by Catherine Ryan Hyde

My rating: 4.6

If you haven’t noticed, I have been on a bit of a Catherine Ryan Hyde binge the last few months and, with good reason.  She is an easy to read author without being too fluffy or light.  Here books doesn’t put me off with being syrupy or too predictable.  She is so easy to turn back to after a hard day of work and it makes me feel good.  This novel was no exception.


There were a few parts in the beginning that were very uncomfortable/raw but, so real and essential in the character building.  Yes, some of it was a bit sweet but, it was deliciously so.  The story….

Pearl is only 18 years old and yet she has a 5 year old son, Leonard.  Life has given her every reason to mistrust people but circumstances force her to trust her neighbor Mitch.  As with all of Hyde’s books, this is beautifully written and has wonderful character development.  I absolutely loved the relationship between Leonard and Mitch.  This book has so many facets and layers and was absolutely delicious and will stay with me for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment