Saturday, January 2, 2016

Silence of the Grave by Arnaldur Indriðason

My rating: 4.4

This is the 2nd book in this murder mystery series. When a skeleton is discovered half-buried in a construction site outside of Reykjavík, Inspector Erlendur finds himself knee-deep in both a crime scene and an archeological dig. Bone by bone, the body is unearthed, and the brutalizing history of a family who lived near the building site comes to light along with it.

As Erlendur tries to crack this cold case, he must also save his drug-addicted daughter Eva Lind from self destruction.


This is an enjoyable read but, I may have read it too close on the heels to the first book as I think I need a break from this series for a while.  Also, like the first book which I enjoyed, I found that the ending wasn't memorable and didn't stay with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment