Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Expatriates by Janice Y.K. Lee

My rating: 4.0

This is more the story of three women, Margaret, Hillary and Mercy, who happen to be living in Hong Kong. Once I adjusted my expectations to understand that, I quite enjoyed this book. It also happens to capture what it is like to be an Expat living in Hong Kong. 


Each of the three characters has a life altering event happen and Lee handles the bigger impacts and how it changed each of them very well.. I found this to be an entertaining read.

3 comments:

  1. On the library list for this book, looking forward to reading.
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy...I did the library audio version. I am listening to The One and Only Ivan right now and enjoying it! :-)

      Delete
    2. I really enjoyed that book. I think it was based on a true story.
      Jeana

      Delete