Monday, July 30, 2018

Anatomy Of A Scandal by Sarah Vaughan

My rating: 4.7

James is a member of Parliament and seems to have an idyllic marriage until James confesses to his wife Sophie that he has had a five month long affair with Olivia, a co-worker. He ended it so why is he confessing? As she is reeling and trying to process this he admits to the reason why he told her....the newspaper scandal rags have found out and it is all going to be in morning paper. Then things get unspeakably worse as Olivia says she was raped.


This is not really a suspenseful beach thriller but more of a serious court drama. I listened to the audio version and it was brilliant in the unfolding of what happened, capturing the voices and keeping me on the edge of my seat. I felt so uncomfortable for Sophie, Olivia and Kate so have to say that the author did a fabulous job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment