Monday, July 15, 2019

My Name Is Mary Sutter by Robin Oliveira

My rating: 4.9

It is the 1800's and Mary is a brilliant young midwife who dreams of becoming a surgeon. Mary travels to Washington D.C. to help tend the wounded from the Civil War.
This was wonderful in the details of the Civil War as well as the horrible lack of medical equipment and knowledge. I learned a lot and found this such a wonderful perspective of the every day person (vs the slave or the soldier) that I hadn't heard before. Very readable and I cared about all the characters. I can't wait to read the sequel to this! Definite recommend!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Elle! Another new to me author. Will definitely look for this at my library.
    Jeana
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would love this book. I just checked out the sequel to this and can't wait to read it! I think since I am stopping reading books that don't grab me sooner, I am finding more good books! Hope you are as well xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi Elle! I'm new to your channel and watching all your Sunday videos! I love to read as well. You probably have this posted but I can't seem to find it what is your book rating scale between? (1 and 10 or 1 and 5?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is in the right hand column. It is between 1 and 5. I hope that helps!

      Delete