Monday, December 21, 2020

Smoke and Ashes (Sam Wyndham #3) by Abir Mukhergee

 My Rating: 4.9

This is the continuing story of Detective Sam Wyndhgam set in 1921 India. Sam is called to investigate a murder and he is stunned at the sight of the body: he’s seen this exact same grisly injuries before. Last night, in a drug addled haze, he stumbled across a corpse with the same ritualistic injuries. It seems like there’s a deranged killer on the loose. Unfortunately for Sam, the corpse was in an opium den and revealing his presence there could cost him his career. With the aid of his quick-witted Indian Sergeant, Surrender-not Banerjee, Sam must try to solve the two murders, all the while keeping his personal demons secret, before somebody else turns up dead. (less)

I loved the first book and the second book in this series. I loved this one with Sam's quick dry humor and sweet but incredibly smart Surrender-not as his side kick. I am thrilled to see that there is a fourth book in this series which I will definitely be adding to my queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment