Monday, January 4, 2021

The Opposite of Fate By Alison McGhee

 My Rating: 4.2

Warning: Sexual assault, rape, unplanned pregnancy, death, and abortion.

After a brutal attack, a young girl named Mallie is left in a lengthy coma. When she awakes, it is to find how much of her world has changed. Do not read anything more about this book as I think it would spoil it.

 I have read several other books by this author and will continue to seek out her work as she has such a beautiful writing style. Every single character was captured so well and how they struggled in their own way to deal with what happened. I loved William T. What a beautiful character. The writing was so beautiful as well. The only thing I didn't like is, that I felt that it was trying to manipulate my feelings with too many difficult issues and then wrapped it all up in a neat bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment