Thursday, May 27, 2021

Sunflower Sisters by Martha Hall Kelly (Lilac Girls #3)

 My Rating: 4.8


Georgeanna is a Union nurse during the Civil War. Georgie's path crosses with Jemma, a slave girl who is sold off and ends up conscripted in the army. Ann-May Wilson is the plantation owner who owns Jemma and is trying to find her to bring her back. 

This is inspired by true events and helps you to feel like you are back in the Civil War times. So much material is covered in this book - slavery, war efforts, picking sides in the war, plantations, war-torn New York, Civil War nursing and more. Extremely well done. I am glad that I read the first two books in this series as it does reference some of those characters, but you could read this as a stand alone.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Elle!
    I loved Lilac Girls, Lost Roses was just ok for me so I hadn’t planned to pick this up. I added to my library cue.
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think Lilac Girls was the best but, this was also enjoyable. It was nice seeing the story of the characters unfold.

      Delete