Friday, July 16, 2021

The Whisper Man by Alex North

My Rating: 5.0


Widower, Tom Kennedy is struggling to raise his young son Jake. They have moved to a new house to have a fresh start but Jake's invisible friends seems to have followed him. When a young boy goes missing, Detectives Amanda Beck and Pete Willis are frantic to prevent a repeat of the five missing boys from twenty years ago. There is enough familiarity to the crime that Pete visits the serial killer Frank Carter in prison to see what he knows.

This was so suspenseful and scary! It would make a great book to read around Halloween. North is a great writer! This made my 'best of' list for the year. This was a haunted scary thriller type book but the characters were very well developed. I can't wait to read the sequel.

2 comments:

  1. I have this on my library list. Can’t wait to read now.
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I think you will love it - very spooky feeling. I hope you have a wonderful relaxing weekend. ♥

      Delete