Thursday, March 17, 2022

Eternal by Lisa Scotteline

 My Rating: 4.8


1930'S Rome and Elisabetta, Marco, and Sandro grow up as the best of friends despite their differences. Their friendship blossoms to love, with both Sandro and Marco hoping to win Elisabetta's heart. But in the autumn of 1937, all of that begins to change as Mussolini asserts his power, aligning Italy's Fascists with Hitler's Nazis and altering the very laws that govern Rome. In time, everything that the three hold dear--their families, their homes, and their connection to one another--is tested in ways they never could have imagined.

I think with everything going on in our world today, it makes remembering history so important. I also read this understanding the heartbreaking way that many were blind to what was going on, others only realized when it was too late. 

2 comments:

  1. I have read thrillers by this author and really enjoyed. I will definitely check this one out. I had no idea she wrote historical fiction as well. thanks for putting this on my radar.
    Jeana
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the only book I have read by her and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope you do as well. ♥

      Delete