Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Traveling Light by Max Lucado

My Rating: 4.8


Using the 23rd Psalm as our guide, Max Lucado walks us through a helpful inventory of our burdens. The Burdens discussed in this book are the following: 

  • lesser God
  • self reliance
  • discontent
  • weariness
  • worry
  • hopelessness
  • guilt
  • arrogance
  • grave
  • grief
  • fear
  • loneliness
  • shame
  • disappointment
  • envy
  • doubt
  • homesickness

Along with my Christian book friends, we read two chapters a week and discussed it. It was the perfect pace to be able to absorb everything and reflect on it. I enjoyed his analogies and his insights helped me to look deeper to analyze myself.

3 comments:

  1. Hoping my library has it, would like to check this out. Clearly dealing with loneliness and grief and would like to look deeper into many of the topics. Thanks
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, why did you turn comments off on your YouTube Chanel? It’s nice to read what other women write, I also learn from them as well. It would be nice if you could turn them back on. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never turned off comments on my YT channel. People are commenting and I am answering.

      Delete