Thursday, December 15, 2022

The Last House On The Street by Diane Chamberlain

 My Rating: 4.7

1965 Ellie doesn't want to follow her well to do upbringing and, instead, one summer decides to volunteer to help black voters register. 

Current day: Kayla and her husband – both architects - designed their dream house. Her husband dies in an accident in the house prior to it being finished. Kayla is torn as to whether she and her young daughter should move in to their dream house that is now marred.

This book captures so much including naivety, stereotypes, racism, the klan and more. I quite enjoyed this particularly the 1960's piece of the book.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I haven’t heard of this but sounds good. I haven’t read anything from Chamberlain in a long time. Adding to my list.
    Jeana♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try more by her. I hope that you were able to enjoy your holidays. ♥

      Delete