Thursday, March 14, 2024

The Keeper of Hidden Books by Madeline Martin

 

My Rating: 4.7


Zofia and Jenna grow up as best friends - barely a day goes by when they don't see each other. Then the Nazi occupation of Warsaw happens. While bombs rain down on the city, Zofia finds that the library books are in need of saving. Zofia and Jenna start recovering the books and hiding the books banned by Hitler. 


I love when historical fiction books teach me something. I didn't know anything about the underground library in Warsaw. This showed not only the power of books but, the power of friendship. Zofia, Jenna and so many other characters came to life for me. I really enjoyed the writing and will read more by this author.

1 comment:

  1. I haven’t heard of this, thanks for the review. Sounds good.
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete