Monday, March 27, 2023

The German Wife by Kelly Rimmer

My Rating: 4.8


1930's Berlin: Although Sofie and her husband Jürgen do not agree with Hitler's views, they benefit which they struggle with.  

1950's America: Twenty years later, Jürgen is one of the many German scientists offered pardons for their part in the war, and taken to America to work for its fledgling space program.


This book had so much to it. I loved the Berlin story line and I enjoyed learning about how America offered pardons to Germans where we could benefit from their knowledge. It shows that no one is blameless and you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. I felt that Lizzie's story could have been condensed and Lizzie's brother should have been edited out completely and kept the focus more on Sofie and Jürgen. This is my second book by Rimmer and it won't be my last.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I need to try this author. I have been trying to get into a historical fiction book. Thx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete