Saturday, March 9, 2013

Unwind by Neil Shusterman

My rating: 5.0 

Absolutely brilliant! This is the kind of book that makes you want to recommend it to everyone....including complete strangers.    In this dystopian novel,between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end. Connor is too difficult for his parents to control. Risa, is a ward of the state without enough to warrant being kept alive. And Lev is a tithe, a child conceived and raised to be unwound. This is about their intertwined fates.

Shusterman is a master at having the story unfold, wrap around you and pull you in.  So many controversial issues that impact you and yet, the story feels light and you can't wait to turn the next page.  I am so glad that I am late to the game in discovering him as I won't have to wait for the sequel. The only question I have is, why is this book only getting 5 stars?  I want to give it 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment