Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott



My rating:  4.6

This is the fascinating story of the survivors of the Titanic.  There are rumors swirling and a media frenzy about the questionable behaviors of some of the survivors and the trial that unfolds,  This wonderful story is all brought together through the eyes of Tess Collins, a determined girl who is hired prior to the crossing as a maid/seamstress by Lady Duff Gordon.

I found myself the people and googling events mentioned to find out which were fact and which were fiction - and I was amazed not only at how much was fact but, at the authors incredible research and ability to tie the story and tell it in a way that was completely new.  It is hard to believe that this is Alcott's debut novel but, I for one hope it isn't her last.  I really enjoyed the audio version

No comments:

Post a Comment