Sunday, June 12, 2016

The Story of a New Name by Elena Ferrante

My rating: 4.8

This is my third Ferrante book, the second in her Neopolitan series, and her talent continues to amaze me. Her books are a joy to read due to her eloquence and phrasing.

This continues to the story of the friendship of Lila and Elena. They are now in their twenties and their relationship gets even more complex. Ferrante not only captures Italy but she brings each of the characters to life. I found that listening to this on audio made it flow beautifully and helped me keep track of the many characters despite each of them having various nicknames.  Ferrante is not a happy or uplifting author but, I love her depth and ability to capture so much where I feel that I know her characters. I will definitely be reading the next book in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment