Monday, October 10, 2016

The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen

My rating: 4.6

This is the second in this trilogy. I loved the first book The Queen of Tearling but it took me a while to get in to this one. Once I understood that Kelsey was having flashbacks to Lily's life, then it flowed. (This disconnect may have been due to my listening to the audio.)  This was also much darker than the first book. People seem to either love the first book or this second book better so this one was definitely different.


I am still loving this series and will definitely be reading the final book in this series. Note: I am labeling this as "Young Adult" although with the language and sexual content this book is not marketed that way. For me, it still seems to fit best in that classification.

No comments:

Post a Comment