Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware

My rating: 2.8

Lo Blacklock gets the incredible opportunity to cover for her boss doing an article on the maiden voyage of The Aurora. She witnesses a woman in the cabin next to her getting thrown overboard and things unfold from there.

Although being inside Lo's head is a scary place to be this book wasn't scary or a thriller lol! They have put a lot of hype around this to try to make it sound like Agatha Christie meets Girl On The Train (not even close!). I did have to suspend a lot of my questioning of the plot but Lo being a whining, neurotic, alcoholic with zero conscience for her job was definitely something difficult to get past. Lo's thought process was extremely annoying and implausible. Also, there were no likable characters which is challenging.  To top it off, the writing felt very juvenile and I was constantly being told what I should feel. Definitely NOT a recommend.

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't quite as forthright as you, but I felt pretty much the same about this one! I hope you have something exciting planned for the holiday weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I thought about it, the more I didn't like this book lol! We are traveling (as usual!) I hope you have a fabulous weekend too Julie xoxo

      Delete