Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Lucia, Lucia by Adriana Trigiani

 My rating: 4.8

It is 1950 in glittering, vibrant New York City. Lucia Sartori is the beautiful twenty-five-year-old daughter of a prosperous Italian grocer in Greenwich Village. Lucia is the apprentice to a designer at an upscale department store and engaged to her childhood sweetheart.  All of her dreams are coming true.



This sweet book captures 1950's New York, the styles, Italian families, food and so much more. Listening to this on audio added so much richness to the telling. Such a joy. I will be reading more by this author.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good, I definitely want to get it on audio... sometimes listening to a book and hearing all the fun accents really adds to an already great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed this one on audio. It wasn't heavy but, I just loved the warm Italian family feel. :-)

      Delete