Thursday, June 20, 2019

The Power of the Dog by Don Winslow

My Rating: 5.0

This extremely gritty novel follows DEA Agent Art Keller in his hunt for the Berrera Brothers and their drug cartel. From the streets of New York City to Mexico City and Tijuana to the jungles of Central America, this is the war on drugs like you’ve never seen it.


This is so graphic, real and gritty. The torture, sex and drugs will haunt you...as will the reality of what is going on. I googled so many things in this book and they were all true! I think all men would love this book about the war on drugs with Mexico and Central America. This is the Sopranos combined with Pablo Escobar - on steroids. Although this is labeled as fiction, every single thing I googled was fact so I would label this as historical fiction (the names have been changed to protect the guilty). This is being made into a Netflix movie and I can't wait! I will definitely be reading the other two books in the trilogy. Wow. Absolutely stellar

2 comments:

  1. I so appreciate your blog. You never fail to bring attention to books that I would never select on my own. Adding to my TBR.
    Have a Great Weekend!
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means a LOT Jeana - thank you!! This was so gritty and real and oh so good! Not for the squeamish. I just couldn't believe how it was all real and everything that goes on - wow!

      Delete