Thursday, November 3, 2022

When The Stars Go Dark by Paula McLean

 My Rating: 3.5


Anna, a seasoned missing persons detective in San Francisco, has tragedy strike her personal life. As her life disintegrates, she flees to her childhood town of Mendocino California to grieve. She relives her youth with her beloved foster parents, and now she believes it might be the only place left for her. Soon she is pulled into a local teenage girl's disappearance. Soon past and present collide.

Parts of this were beautifully written but much of it felt drawn out. It was hard to connect with any of the characters. This kept me reading but it is not McLean's best work. 


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this one a little more than you did but I can definitely see your point of view.
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet girl. I love how we each expand the others views! ♥

      Delete