Thursday, January 12, 2023

The Rose Code by Kate Quinn

My Rating: 4.9


1940's England and three different women feel compelled to help England fight the war against the Nazis.  Debutante Osla who is dating Prince Philip of Greece, self-made Mab who is determined to pull herself out of East End London poverty and Beth who is painfully shy but has a brain meant to work on puzzles. They all end up at Bletchley park where the best minds are gathered to try to decode the enemy's secrets. 


1947 these three once inseparable friends are now enemies. Prince Philip is going to wed Princess Elizabeth, the girls have gone their separate ways with children, a fiancée and one is in an asylum. They are forced to reunite to figure out who was the traitor in their midst.

Quinn brings everything to life - the code breaking techniques, the war, Prince Philip and most of all the three different girls. This was excellent. Quinn never disappoints and I will be reading more of hers.

2 comments:

  1. I read this in December and loved it. can’t believe this was my first Kate Quinn book. It surely will not be my last.
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was so interesting how it was true that Prince Philip dated Osla...as well as the whole code breaker storyline. I love learning about history. ♥

      Delete