Thursday, January 26, 2023

When Ghosts Come Home by Wiley Cash

 My Rating: 4.6


When a low flying plane awakens Sheriff Winston Barnes in the middle of the night, he knows something isn't right. He goes to the nearby airfield on the coast of North Carolina where the crashed plane has the body of a local man lying beside it. Everyone is a suspect, including the dead man.



Cash captures the Southern charm and tension of a small town along with the flaws of all the characters. This has the feel of classic murder/mystery genre. I really liked how Cash did the ending through the flash forward.

2 comments:

  1. I haven’t heard of this author. This sounds like something I will like, adding to my list.
    Jeana
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read a few by him. I think I liked "A Land More Kind Than Home" the best so far but will definitely continue reading him. ♥

      Delete