Wednesday, August 18, 2021

The Shadows by Alex North

 My Rating: 5.0


Charlie Crabtree is the sinister edgy ringleader of the four boy pack. Charlie has them going further and further until it divides the group and ends in a murder so shocking that it goes down in infamy. There are internet groups that recount the horrors as well as copycat killers. It was so jarring that Paul Adams moved away and hasn't been back, until now. It is 25 years later and his mother is old and senile so he returns to his childhood town only to be reliving so much of what transpired.

       


If you aren't grounded in a strong positive place, this may not be the book for you right now. It WILL disturb your peace. Yikies is it well told and so creepy. I can't wait for Mr. North to write more!

3 comments:

  1. I really liked what you wrote about "grounded in a strong positive place."
    Thank you for the warning! Maybe I'll put it off until my annual October "scary reads" month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewww, reading in October could made this doubly scary lol! I am a big believer in protecting the peace of your mind at all costs and recognizing when you can handle stuff like this. When you are in the right mindset, it is good! ♥

      Delete
  2. I. CAN. NOT. wait for this to come in at the library. After you suggested The Whisper Man and I loved, I immediately added this to my list.
    Jeana
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete